MultiWebQuiz 1.5 - Download Area
Last updated: 21/05/04
MultiWebQuiz is an Online Multiple Choice Quiz Management System that will run on any server with PHP (4.0+) and a MySQL database. To install it on your Website all you need to do is download this file and follow a few basic instructions to set up and configure the database on your server.
Since the release of the beta version, I have added running scores and a results sheet. Participants can switch between tests, choose to answer between 5 and all questions at a time and view the full results of all tests taken in a given session. Subject areas and the number of questions in each category are now listed in the main quiz and admin pages.
Main Features of MultiWebQuiz
New to Release 1.5:
- Offers as many as 6 answer options
- Supports multiple answer as well as multiple choice and boolean modes.
- Has a quick quiz creation facility, letting you create a subject area and add as many as 20 questions on the fly.
- Benefits from a full quiz database search utility.
- Automated table creation and database configuration utility (However, you still need to create the database yourself or use an existing database). Also fixed a bug in the automated table creation utility.
- The administrator may set the sort orders for questions and answers to random or fixed.
- Can accept an almost unlimited number of questions and categories. The only limitation is the size of MySQL database your server supports and you'll need thousands of questions before you reach that limit.
- Participants can decide how many questions they wish to answer at a time.
- Participants can switch between tests and view full results of tests taken in a given session.
- Questions are randomly selected from the database and then displayed in a random order, e.g. if there are 40 questions in the subject area Geography and a user selects 20, MultiWebTest will randomly pick 20 questions in this category, but if a user chooses 45, it will only pick 40.
- Answer options are shuffled, so if you set the correct answer to 2 it will not necessarly be the second option in the Online Quiz.
- An explanation field provides participants with feedback if an answer is incorrect.
- Users are advised of they have skipped a question. Skipped questions will be repeated later.
- The result is given both as a natural score (e.g. 28/30) and a rounded percentage (e.g. 93%) at the end of each test and in a results sheet.
- The user-friendly admin zone lets you effortlessly create multiple choice quizzes.
- Special characters such as £, &, é or è and line breaks can be converted to HTML entities to avoid any parsing problems. Alternatively, HTML tags may be used within text input fields.
- Downloadable Zip file size: 40 KB.
I will continue to develop this Quiz Management System and would welcome any constructive feedback and requests for customised test management systems. If you find this web application useful, please support my humble efforts by making a small donation.